Join RCRA for our First Ever SickKids Ride-A-Thon July 14-16 2017! Click here for Registration forms!
SickKids Ride-A-Thon July 14-16 2017
See below for registration form**
Calling all animal lovers and people lovers who want to make the world a better place! RCRA one of the top horseback riding park’s in the world is having a 3 day fun festival and ride-a-thon to raise funds for one of the greatest kids hospital in the world. Everyone is welcome! Come help raise funds, eat, drink, ride a horse, and enjoy summer music. Even a dollar can help!
It will be a jam packed weekend, and one you will look forward for many years to come!
You can bring your horse to walk, ride, or just to show him/her off! You can also come just for the fun times and cheer on a friend with horse or a professional rider!
We are only a short drive from Toronto, just east of the 404 in between Kennedy road and McCowan on Davis Drive. Visitors are always welcome, come and say hello to our horses and many friends!
For Non-riders, register to be part of the mailing to get update information as we approach the event date! Click here if your interested in attending the event!
Riders of all levels are invited to participate in the event of the year at the RCRA! Entry fees permits riders to partake in more than one division!
This is a public event which means spectators are welcome to come watch and check out all the cool things happening on premise. You may also come and sponsor and support participants!
VENDORS WANTED SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!
Overnight stabling and shavings are offered for an additional fee. See Registration form for more details!
List of Divisions:
For Beginner Riders we have the following:
- Showmanship: You can bring your horse and show it off to friends, family and the greater community. We want to see you and your horse friend strut the runway (or arena away).
- Lead-line: Children who want to showcase their young talent will have the option to bring a horse and be led around. What an adorable picture it would make! This will take place in an enclosed arena space!
- Walk/Trot: You may bring your horse to ride in the arena designated and closed off for beginner riders who has just began their equestrian career! You are the potential stars to be so come show us what you got!
- Walk/Trot/Canter: For riders that are cantering, we have a beautiful grass field to breeze through with your little horse companion!
For Intermediate/Advanced Riders we have:
- Hunters/ Jumpers: We will have jumps set up all three days from the lowest to highest (see registration form for the heights offered).
- Dressage: Riders who want to school in the dressage ring will have the option to practice their tests outdoors in our beautiful dressage ring. Western dressage is also permitted in the ring!
- Cowboy Obstacles: Here is your chance to show off out in our sand ring! Here riders will have a chance to go through various obstacles!
- Trail Rides: More information on the trail rides will be available close to the date, but riders will have the opportunity to hack out in the York Regional Forest! Nothing sounds better than riding through the meadows under the sun!
The Dressage Exhibition on July 15 2017 @ 7 pm (Open to the Public to watch)
- For a general admission of $15, riders and spectators are invited to join us outdoors as riders showcase the beauty of dressage under the stars. Tickets will be available to purchase before the show, call 905-898-7743 to purchase them and be put on a VIP guest list!
- Riders who would like to partake in the dressage exhibition please see registration form for more details. You may sign your self up or your barn to perform Pas de Deux, Pas de Trois, Costumed Rides, Quadrille, Vaulting or a Musical Freestyle. Riders who want a spot in the show must email email@example.com to secure a spot in the exhibition!
In order to participate in the SickKids Ride-A-Thon, you must:
Register and pay an entry fee by submitting a form to the RCRA Registration Now Open! Click here for Form!
Collect donations and fundraise in support of SickKids at SickKids Fundraising Site, Click Here to Sign-up and Donate
OR Collect offline pledge forms–> Click here Offline Pledge Form Here