All camps at RCRA are taught by qualified instructors and professionally trained and managed camp counselors.
Whatever camp offering you select you can look forward to riding in well-maintained facilities, spacious arenas, a safe and positive environment and on a wide range of well cared for horses to suit any level.
At the end of each camp riders receive a detailed rider report and their current RCRA rider level certificate. Our graduated rider level system is in line with Equine Canada Rider Levels.
Our winter break camp is designed for anyone interested in showing and learning the essentials of horse care and grooming. Learn all the little tricks to make you and your horse look fabulous. The camp caters dressage
and hunter/jumper riders.
This 3-day camp will include an overnight component for an additional $75 for riders who would like the full overnight experience (meal plan included).
If you have your own horse and would still like to develop show experience, we offer stabling in our ship-in camp fee. Horses will stay for the three nights (feed and hay not included).
Riders will have 2 rides per day (1 flat class /1 over fences or Dressage Test prep). Upon regular rides, riders will learn show preparation including proper show wear, horse clipping, braiding, show trunk necessities and so much more.
1) Riders will have classroom theory: introduction goals, learning about the evolution of horses, breeds, parts of the horse, and the anatomy. They will also be instructed on the nature of the horse, body language, and equipment.
2) Barn Practical: how to measure the height and weight, how to fit a saddle, and safety procedures.
3) Horse Care: Bandaging and protective leg gear, first aid, daily foot care, how to soak a foot and bathing.
Included in the Camp Fee:
- $500 + HST (3-day Show Camp includes meal plan and pizza lunch Friday)
- $650 + HST (3-day Show Camp includes meal plan, pizza lunch, horse ship in fee and stabling and bedding)
- Additional Shavings is $8 per bag
What to bring:
SAFETY APPROVED RIDING HELMET. Helmets must be properly fitted and must meet A.S.T.M. standards. Rental helmets are available from us and we can assist in fitting.
SAFETY APPROVED, PROTECTIVE RIDING VEST. Vests must meet A.S.T.M. or B.E.T.A. safety standards and must be properly fitted. While this is currently not mandatory, we highly recommend it for any riders under the age of eighteen.
Boots that are at least above ankle length with a low heel, flat sole and no steel toes.
Long trousers that are stretchy or roomy enough to allow flexibility.
Jodhpurs, breeches and riding boots are, of course, desirable but not mandatory.
Most of our camps at RCRA include a meal program, as indicated in each camp’s registration form. However, we recommend that each camper is sent with lots of drinking water and a light snack weather they are on the meal program or not.
Please advise us if your child has any allergies.
To register complete a form for the camp of your choice and send it to email@example.com.
For all camps, payment is required to secure your spot in the camp. Cancellation policy requires a 10% charge of camp fee price.